Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fall is here??



A couple weeks ago Matt and I took a day trip to Backbone State Park. We were under the impression that we would see a rock that looked something like a backbone. Neither of us had officially been there before. Needless to say, the renowned backbone is a trail that is rocky and hilly like a backbone would be. It was interesting to tell that to our small group when a couple of them are from around there! We had a lot of fun. It turned out to be the perfect day to be out and about on the trails.

If you'll notice, i am wearing Matt's shorts because we took a picnic lunch and i spilled my applesauce all over and bees were landing all over me to help clean it up. It grossed me out overwhelmingly. I have a very thoughtful husband! Mostly i was also just lucky that he decided to wear shorts under his pants in case he got hot.

Anyway, we are settling into a schedule that looks like it's going to be changing within the month. I am extremely happy at my internship except for the fact that i don't get paid for it, which is a problem. But i will be finishing it up in about 4 weeks and then figure out what is next. that is still a big question for me because i am not sure what my exact passion is. But i fear of being a wanderer for some time being. I don't want what I do next to just be a dead end. I feel like where we are right now, anything we do needs to be working towards the end product. The end product in this case is when we reach our ideal job or life purpose, which we hope is in some way ministry, however that may look. Now is a time to build contacts and gain experience in real life organizations and situations.

Some balls have started to roll... that's good news for us... depending on which way the balls roll..

3 comments:

matty said...

and yes, I did get hot by the way.

Tim said...

Poor baby.

Don't worry, you can have a ministry no matter what it is that you're doing. It's all about your attitude and intentions.

matty said...

True, true TIm.

But I guess you could say that we aren't interested in 'ministry' as a whole per-say. That can be a very general title that could be encompassed in just about anything.

More specifically I'm fascinated be these two particular topic: one, how can we reach people that have never been reached before, and two, how can we encourage large groups of Christians to become active and and change their world like never before?

Is that a specific job out there? Probably not. But we do want to be explore possibilities that could allow us to do this in a greater and greater way.