Friday, December 5, 2008

Thankfulness



So Thanksgiving was over a week ago but I had every intention of sharing what I am thankful for over last weekend. Better late than never, right. I look at it this way, at least I've been really thinking about what I'm thankful for over a longer period of time!

I am in such a good place right now. Yesterday I officially finished my internship and this morning I finished all the assignments for it. It feels really good to have accomplished something significant in my life. Really good.

Matt and I have a wonderful caring family. We are blessed with two sides that really want us to be around.

WE have been blessed with housing all of our lives. To me this didn't seem to be a big deal but a natural given. But after working with some families in the community that are constantly moving form place to place or are living with friends because that's the best they can do, it puts a different light on the things i have.

I'm a food lover and so naturally i am thankful for food. I am thankful that this year we embraced Aldi for what it was and began taking control of their prices and started shopping there regularly.

I am soooooo thankful Matt has a stable job. If he wouldn't have, we wouldn't have made it while I did my internship. Now it also puts me at ease to really be able to figure out what is next and not feel rushed to jump into something if it's not the right fit. Don't worry babe, I will be working soon but I am so thankful you have been given the opportunities you have been given. It's pretty amazing really.

Friends. I've learned quickly that life is really not complete without them. Matt and I know a lot of people but really know very few. We are thankful for those of you that are on the inside of our lives. Some of you we've known for what seems like forever and some have become close friends in a relatively short time. The friends we have will always share a special place in our lives and hearts as our lives change. I only hope you know who you are. :)

Well, I must close this post now only because I am being summoned to do something else. Perhaps I will expand at a later time.

Go and be thankful!

No comments: