Saturday, May 7, 2011

Always changes

So here we are staring down finals week for Matt to officially complete his first full year of seminary. One down, two to go!! Wow, this year has sure went by quickly. As it always seems when I am motivated to blog, we are going through a lot of changes in the coming months.

I found out this week I was officially accepted for a position that I interviewed for nearly 3 weeks ago. It's for an organization that works with individuals with developmental disabilities. This new position will move me from working directly with the client to managing and overseeing their services to make sure they are receiving appropriate services available to them and to make sure the care they are receiving is adequate. I am excited to take on more of an advocacy role for those with developmental disabilities. The new place I will work is called Developmental Pathways. The best parts about this new job are that it pays more money and the work week is only Monday-Thursday. I already have friends lined up to have fun time with on Fridays :).

We are amidst a frenzied time of finding a new apartment to live in for hopefully the next 2 years. We are ok with the place we are in now but if you recall we agreed to rent an apartment out here before seeing it. Given that condition, the apartment wasn't all that bad but we feel like now we know what neighborhood we'd like to live in, how much space we need, and a better feel for what we want as amenities offered in our apartment home (I'd LOVE a hottub that we can use all year long!). We are currently living in a 704 sq. ft 1 bedroom apartment and ideally we'd like to move to a place with at least a den or 2 bedrooms so that Matt can have a place to study and store his seminary stuff. It's a little nerve-racking to always be walking around things in our apartment now.

Timing worked out perfectly it seems for me to get a new job. We were planning a short weekend trip home to Iowa for Memorial Day and now it works out that we will get to spend around a full week there instead of only 3 or 4 days because I'll be in transition to my new job. I'm hoping to run into some of the new babies that so far I've only been able to see on Facebook.

Matt's time is focused on studying. Luckily he has finished most assignments for his classes so now he can focus his thoughts on obtaining knowledge for them. He has a greek final this Monday, which he has to get 70% or better to move onto the next one (I think he's got it), a Church History final Tuesday, and a cumulative final on his class about the Epistles and Revelation. It's a lot of information he needs to recall. I know he can do it and come out shining on the other side. After finals he's taking an immersion class to study rural ministry in Illinois, he's going to harvest wheat again this summer, and then take a 2 week course in July. So even though he's hitting the summer, things are pretty well laid out for it to be a busy one for sure.

I really hope to start blogging more. We've been really involved in a lot of neat things lately. Hoping to update you all soon! :)


No comments: