My mom and I are in the midst of a trip to South Carolina to visit family. Her father, my grandfather. We arrived yesterday in the late evening. We flew in and were scheduled to be in right around 10:00 pm but with a series of events including weather and airplane issues we finally landed at 11:30 pm. That's not too bad, I've suffered through worse delays...
My grandpa will be turning 76 on Tuesday so it's really neat that we get to be here to help him celebrate. Although I'm not so sure he is really looking forward to celebrating :).
It has been a pretty lazy day for our first full day here. We got up had the $.50 garden tour and really just sat around and visited. We visitined some family members that I haven't seen since I was very little and got to use a hot tub... it felt surprisingly good in the middle of summer!
We will be here until Thursday morning so for now we are just here to be present with them. I have not seen my Grandpa and Grandma here in over 4 years. So far so good. I will have to take hold of my short attention span, reel it in a little and get over being away from my love for almost a week!
This week I am focusing on being present in relationships and conversations with others. I want to see my mom and I enjoy each others presence and come out of this trip closer than we were when we took off of the run way in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Pretty boring post, no pictures. Perhaps a later post this week will lend you some pics of the scenery.
No comments:
Post a Comment