Saturday, August 8, 2009

No more clear now than then...

So, I have finished more than 90 days of my commitment to prayer and reading the bible daily. I was not entirely successful in praying and reading every day but I have noticed much more of a commitment to put forth an effort. I have a "day by day" bible and it really guides me through. I find enough time most days to get through the reading for the day and find that my thoughts are more directed towards prayer throughout the day. Overall I am in a much better place for taking this challenge even though I didn't fully complete the challenge. God is good.

Matt and I are in transition (which seems like a constant state of our lives and is becoming quite exhausting). Matt was planning on starting a missionary aviation school in Colorado in September but in mid July it was cancelled because of health reasons of people that would be teaching Matt to learn to fly. We had moved out of the home we were renting in June and moved into his parent's basement because we were planning on leaving. Now, Matt is going to continue with leaving his job, either when he gets replaced or we find our next step... And we have no idea what that is. We have leadings but we are really wanting to know it's going to follow through before we step out again...

As of right now we are planning to stay in the Cedar Falls/Waterloo area and we hope to be finding a place to live by September... we have really appreciated Matt's parents for letting us crash with them for a while but we so desperately appreciate our independence and are excited to be there once again.

There are lots of other things going on but that's the main highlights... Summer has been good to us. We took a trip to the Czech Republic but that's another story that maybe i'll get to take a part of this week... :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hurray! You are back to blogging! Let me know if you are going to be in the IC area sometime!