Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Addition...


So I started this joke with Matt around my birthday. He was out of town with his parents visiting Dan and Shannon in Kansas City. I had to work so I was way bummed I couldn't go. Anyway, I randomly/jokingly sent him a text message joking that he could get me a puppy or kitty for my birthday. Matt latched onto the idea of having a pet and we found a family at our church that had a litter of 10 week old kittens that was giving them away...

It was a bit impulsive on our part to get a kitten when we have plans to be moving across the country in a short amount of time. But the kitty is so worth it... sometimes. When it snuggles with you and doesn't bite your feet as your walking around the house :)

We named it Ginny (I am not giving the kitty a gender because we aren't sure if it's a girl or boy. We took it from it's previous home thinking it was a girl but it is maybe starting to look like a boy. We are hoping to get it into the vet next week and will know for sure then). After a character in Harry Potter because I left the naming up to Matt since he absolutely loves having a kitten. No joke. Anyway Ginny is all kitten and is very playful. I have plenty of scratches to prove it.

Here's our new kitty:




No comments: