
Matt and I are headed out of state this coming Friday (we have one more full day left in Iowa). The excitement is getting to me. That and the fact that we really have most useful things packed which makes it very real that this is in fact happening. (this pic is to attempt to show how much of a disarray our current house is in).
Matt and I have lived in or around the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area for pretty much all of our lives. We are on our way to Littleton, Co so that Matt can attend seminary. I am hoping it is fairly quick and painless for me to find a sustainable job.
The things I will miss about Iowa:
Sweet Corn
Lightning bugs
Being close to both of our families
Long life friends
Not having emission checks on our vehicles
Accessibility to farmland
4th of July with family and friends
My nephews; Jacob, Gabe and Judah
Prairie Lakes Church
Boating on the Cedar River
And the list could go on...
There are however, things I will NOT miss about Iowa:
Getting my car egged while being parked on the street
Humid summers
Long, dreary winters with snow that never goes away
Having to travel to get to any major destination (Adventureland, decent malls etc.)
Yep, it's official, there's more I will miss than I won't. It's going to be hard to leave on Friday. This is all for what we believe to be a step that will equip us to better serve communities all around and share about the redeeming power of Jesus. Hope it's worth it! :)
We'll be back to visit. At least by Christmas. See you next time from Colorado!
1 comment:
I just found your site. It brought back lots of sweet memories. Larry & I truly loved having you in CF, and we miss you already. We're keeping our fingers crossed about "luring" you back for Canada. I keep reminding myself that God is beginning a grand new adventure for you two...
Post a Comment